Please read this information before clicking through to our adoption application form below.
You're considering adopting! Congratulations on being part of a positive change! We're so excited for you, and for the rats waiting for their forever homes.
Adopting gives a home to a rat or mouse who couldn't stay with their loving owners (or perhaps never had one) and gives them a new chance at a happy life.
We are 100% committed to providing ongoing support to you post adoption, including welcoming back any rat or mouse, for any reason, at any time! Our goal is to best match the personalities and circumstances of our adopters with the rats and mice in our care that are seeking their furever homes, so this application is not to apply for a specific rat or mouse, but to come and meet all the rats or mice at the rescue and discover who best suits. All animals go through a screening period for health and temperament assessment and recieve any medical care they may need prior to adoption.
Before adopting rats or mice from the rescue, it is important to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have the time to care for my new pets; including cage cleaning, feeding and generally spending time with them?
- Do I have the finances needed to provide appropriate food, bedding, housing and medical expenses (vet care, medication, treatment & surgery) if illness or injury occurs? Do I know some of the approximate costs involved?
- Have I identified a local vet that is experienced in and willing to care for rats or mice?
- Have I researched, or am I willing to learn about, good rat/mouse care including diet, housing and common medical issues? Let us know if you would like us to send you some information to help with your research!
- Have I received approval from my landlord or body corporate in regards to having rats/mice in my home, noting that they need to live inside and not in an exposed/outdoor area?
The best way to choose your new furry family members is in person! This form does not guarantee the availability or adoption of a specific rat or mouse, but allows you to visit the rescue to choose the individuals that suit you best.
If you answered ‘yes’ to all of the above and would like to come and meet our rats, please fill out the form below to apply!
You're welcome to email us directly at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like additional resources.